Shaping the Future of Innovation is an initiative of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the European Union (EU) and IDB LAB in collaboration with the Caribbean Industrial Research Institute (CARIRI) as the executing agency. The initiative comprises three components to support innovation in Trinidad and Tobago:
- Component 1: The Innovation Challenge Facility (grant funding for businesses with innovation projects)
- Component 2: Building Industry and Academic Linkages (industry early stage innovations supported by the Universities and post graduate internships)
- Component 3: Building the Innovation Network (the eco system to ensure innovation continues on a sustainable basis).=
Shaping the Future of Innovation aims to contribute to a diversified economic base in Trinidad and Tobago.
Funding of over Euro 8 million has been provided by the European Union and the IDB LAB to support the programme. The impact expected is job creation, new skills, increased efficiency / productivity and competitiveness, new markets, export growth, business growth / profit potential and positive environmental, social and inclusive impacts which benefit the disadvantaged.
EUROCHAMTT and Beta Technology Ltd. (UK) have formed a consortium contracted as the management firm to work with CARIRI to implement Component 1 and Component 2.
We are pleased to promote that the first CALL for PROPOSALS has been published under the Innovation Challenge Facility. The target is: registered businesses operating in Trinidad and Tobago and primarily in the SME sector, including small organisations / innovators / entrepreneurs, medium sized organisations with an established commercial track record and other organisations / clusters innovating the delivery of goods and services. Purpose: the grants are to be used to finance commercially viable innovations.
Details may be downloaded from the Shaping the Future of Innovation website at: http://future.cariri4.com/
- Call for Proposals full ad: Call-for-Proposal-30-11-21-FINAL-1.pdf (cariri4.com)
- Concept Note Application Form Concept-Note-Application-Form-and-Template-30_11_21-Final.pdf (cariri4.com)
- Innovation Challenge Facility Programme Guidelines Innovation-Challenge-Facility-Guidelines-30-11-21-FINAL.pdf (cariri4.com)
- Presentation from the Information Sessions held 8th and 9th December 2021 https://future.cariri4.com/callforproposal/
For any questions about the Call for Proposals scope and for additional assistance, applicants may send email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org