WHO WE ARE
The European Business Chamber in Trinidad and Tobago (EUROCHAMTT), is a non-profit membership driven organisation promoting European business interests and market access in Trinidad and Tobago. EUROCHAMTT also supports Trinidad and Tobago businesses and professionals seeking to gain access to European partners and opportunities for doing more business with Europe.
EUROCHAMTT has been endorsed by the European diplomatic missions and the Delegation of the European Union and recognised by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago.
In 2014, EUROCHAMTT became a member of the European Business Organisation (EBO) Worldwide Network – the voice of European business abroad. The EBO stands as the sole organisation representing European business interests in markets outside the European Union. It represents a network active in over 35 key markets that serves European multinationals, as well as micro, small, medium and large enterprises.
PURPOSE OF EUROCHAMTT
Our purpose is to:
- Be a voice for European business in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Advocate for improvements in the ease of doing business;
- Facilitate members with market access to the local market;
- Facilitate companies to do more business in Europe;
- Promote world class clean technology, design, and environmental standards of European businesses.
HISTORY OF EUROCHAMTT
EUROCHAMTT is an initiative of European and Trinidad and Tobago business persons, driven purely by the desire for stronger linkages, greater visibility of successful European/Trinidad and Tobago partnerships, better market access, and opportunities provided by the CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement.
EUROCHAMTT was registered in February 2013 as a non-profit company under the Companies Act and launched formally on the 8th May 2013. Additionally, EUROCHAMTT is registered as a Non-Profit Organisation since June 14, 2019, under the new Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019.
EUROCHAMTT was accepted into the EBO Worldwide Network in 2014 and is endorsed as the organisation in Trinidad and Tobago representing the voice of European business in Trinidad and Tobago.
Ultimately, EUROCHAMTT seeks to complement the work of the EU Delegation to Trinidad and Tobago, the European Embassies, and Government agencies in Trinidad and Tobago by attracting European investment into Trinidad and Tobago, and facilitating more trade between Europe and Trinidad and Tobago.
DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
The Delegation of the European Union in Trinidad and Tobago is part of the European Union External Service, and is one of the 140 Delegations around the world. The Delegation has the status of a diplomatic mission and officially represents the European Union (EU) in Trinidad and Tobago.
EUROPEAN BUSINESS ORGANISATION WORLDWIDE NETWORK
We are a member of the EBO Worldwide Network (EBOWWN), the voice of European business in third markets. EBOWWN is based in Brussels, Belgium
Purpose of EBO WWN
- To support the development of European Business Organisations in third markets;
- To strengthen the links between EU institutions and EBOs in third markets;
- To further EU Economic Diplomacy;
- To encourage the production of Position Papers;
- To assist the Internationalisation of SMEs and Micro-enterprises;
- To promote the culture of cooperation within the EBO Network.
- Platform for sharing of best practices and exchanging information;
- Invitation to AGM and meeting with EU based organisations in Brussels annually in June, hosted by DG Trade, European Commission;
- Invitation to a regional meeting annually organised by a host member organisation;
- Opportunities for joint position papers to the European Commission;
- Opportunities to participate in joint projects for grant funding.