BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As part of a recognised network, members receive access to pertinent and timely information which could impact on their operations, as well as invitations to events organised by national, regional and international bodies and promoted directly to EUROCHAMTT.
The quarterly EUROCHAMTT newsletter informs on policy, the legislative and regulatory environment, business opportunities and insights and promotes the activities and initiatives of the Chamber, its members and partners. In particular it provides greater visibility for European business in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean. Any member may contribute news for the newsletter.
NETWORKING AND EVENTS
Members are given the opportunity to network through our quarterly meetings and other regular activities organised by EUROCHAMTT and partners.
EUROCHAMTT monitors the changing legislative and regulatory environment and engages in high level policy dialogue on behalf of its members with the Trinidad and Tobago Government, on matters aimed at improving trade and investment procedures and the overall business enabling environment. We are currently monitoring, updating members and lobbying government on the following items:
- EU-CARIFORUM Economic Partnership Agreement (EU-CARIFORUM EPA Act) and implementation
- Foreign Investment Act with emphasis on Tobago
- Work Permits (Immigration Regulation 1974)
- Procurement Bill
- Ministry of Finance Public Private Partnerships (PPP) policy and capacity building
- Metrology Act 2004 and International standards and norms in identified areas
- Customs and port procedures information and improvement
- Initiatives towards renewable energy, energy efficiency and other green development
- Tariffs on wine and spirits.
- Other areas brought to our attention may be monitored.
Members can increase their visibility through the membership directory and are entitled to be included in a membership listing.
Members may extend their outreach and communications by linking to the EUROCHAMTT Facebook page. As additional support for members, special events may be promoted through Facebook.
ADVERTISING & SPONSORSHIP
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities are offered to members through the website, newsletters, membership directory and events.
Our members have preferred provider status for quotations and bids for services arranged by EUROCHAMTT once they meet the eligibility criteria for the goods and services being procured. Where external funding agencies are involved, provider eligibility is subject to the procurement rules of the funding agency.
Orientation training maybe arranged for small groups at a subsidized fee for members and aims at familiarising new investors with Government agencies and services in Trinidad and Tobago, investment incentives, the tax, paye, national insurance system, company filing, industrial relations and labour laws, banking requirements and other important areas of compliance.
EUROCHAMTT promotes tenders on behalf of others and can also provide a specialised monitoring service at an additional fee for members.
At the request of its members and Committees, EUROCHAMTT could arrange special training and technical assistance required to address special needs of the group. Such support would include assisting in the project design, the development of proposals and applications for donor funding as well as project management. Examples of existing or recent projects are:
- Food Safety two day training workshop in Tobago, completed successfully January 2014
- EUROCHAMTT Tobago Good Foods Project, a three year project started 30 January 2014 and on-going financed through the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Investment and Communication and the EU
- Port of Spain Revitalisation Workshop concluded successfully November 2014 (follow up projects in the planning stage).
EUROCHAMTT is built on the idea that by creating and facilitating the network of people and skills that are available, significant change can take place. Committees are established to address urgent and strategic areas and are a vehicle and voice for members who wish to be involved in making change. Please see Committees policy for further information. Current committees are:
- Lobbying Committee
- EUROCHAMTT Marketing Committee
- Infrastructure Committee (includes the construction sector and clean technology)
- Events and Culinary Committee
- European market development Committee
- French Business Group
IN COMING AND OUTGOING MISSION SUPPORT:
At the request of members and partners, EUROCHAMTT can arrange at subsidized fee rates, welcoming, orientation and in coming mission support for delegations from Europe. EUROCHAMTT has the benefit of a membership providing support in various languages and with knowledge of both Europe and Trinidad and Tobago. Services may include:
- Arranging B2B meetings
- Logistical arrangements (accommodation, transport)
- Arranging language services
- Special breakfast, lunch, dinner meetings and / or workshops and seminars for delegates.